CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bowman: 16 Weeks!

Happy 4 months little buddy! I cannot believe that time has passed...don't I say that every month??? Bowman is getting to be such a big boy, and seems to be finally developing his own personality. He's definitely more mild-mannered than his older brother, and his smiles are endless. He always seems ready to have a little conversation; I could listen to his "coos" all day! I'm holding on to these little noises as much as I can; before I know it, he'll be making words and these simple syllables will be far behind him.Play has become more a part of his every day life. He seems to particularly enjoy his play mats and splashing in his baby tub. Bowman will stare intently at whatever object he desires, and will use whatever it takes to grab a hold of it. More play time also means more awake time. Bowman is finally working himself into 2 day time naps. He usually goes down around 9:30a and then again around 1pm. Nap time has become our saving grace, as both boys sleep for about 2 hours every afternoon!

Though nap time has become more regulated, we're still working on our nights. We're struggling with at least 1 wake time in the evenings...Thankfully, Craig and I have decided to rotate evenings. So, at least every other night one of us gets a good night's sleep. I have to admit I could probably push Bowman a little more. I guess part of me knows this will be my last little guy, so I'm soaking up as much as I can...and I figure he'll sleep through the night soon enough!

We're working on sitting up, and Bowman does really well with just a little support. I'm sure total independent sitting is still a month or 2 off, but it's still fun to see. Being in his exersaucer every day has helped, but he still needs some back support.

It's fun seeing how much Bowman has changed. He's no longer the little infant I brought home from the hospital...he's betting to be such a big boy!!




0 comments: