CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Birds and The Bees (Part1)

Ok. Not that I give it much thought, but I've started running into the "what-do-you-call-that" parts of the human body. As a nurse, you would think I would be all about using the correct, anatomical names...but something about a 3-year-old saying the world 'penis' just weirds me out. So, from day one, Craig and I have deemed Porter's boy part as his 'NUDEY.' And it works. It's cute, easy for him to say, and not embarrassing to hear him yell out in the middle of a store. But, as he's becoming more and more aware that I'm a girl and everyone else in the house is a boy, we're running into answering the oh-so-fun question, "Mama, where does your pee-pee come from?" I don't have a nudey, but like penis, 'vagina' isn't really the word I want to use (I know, I know...I probably should use it.) I've kept it simple, "Mommy as mommy parts." But, that's starting to not be enough...in fact, the other day he asked me if I had a baby in my tummy. After I caught my breath, I told him no...his response, "Then what are these?" I'm sure you can guess what he was talking about. So if anyone out there has any thoughts, let me know. I'm all ears!!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that's funny... I don't really know what to say either, with all boys around here I normally do what you do and say it's just what mommy has... I was taking a bath the other day and the older two came in and Maddox asked "what are those big things???" It was all I could do to hold in my laughter!