CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 21, 2008

ACK!!!!

This week started out with a crash...of our computer! Actually, it was our motherboard, but needless to say I've been without the internet since Sunday night. Thankfully, I've been able to check emails with the help of Craig's Blackberry, but I have definitely felt unconnected. After we discovered it would cost almost as much to fix the stupid thing as to buy another, Craig brought his computer home from work, and we're planning to go shopping for a NEW LAPTOP on Black Friday.

Bowman also went through his 3-week growth spurt. I honestly don't remember these times bring quite so obvious with Porter...Of course, Porter was always willing to take a pacifier, so I was always able to hold him off just a little longer. Bowman has pretty much rejected the idea of a binky. He almost always gets irate when we offer it, and when he does finally take it we're lucky if it pacifies him for more than 5 minutes. That being said, there has been an awful lot of nursing this week, but luckily only 1 night was affected. His longest stretch is still about 3 1/2 hours...what can I say? My son does not like to miss a meal!!

Our final challenge this week has been an attempt to introduce Bowman to the occasional bottle. We have a lot of family festivities next week and I'm chairing one of the committees for Holiday Market, so these next few weeks are going to be CRAZY! For the last 2 nights, Bowman has not only rejected the bottle but had a complete meltdown whenever it was attempted. I know this is frustrating for Craig, but I commend him for continuing to try. Again, Porter had no trouble switching from the breast to the bottle...guess my boys are going to be more different than I'd imagined!! Looks like a trip to the store for a variety of bottles is on the agenda for the weekend!

0 comments: