CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Feelin' Icky

As many of you know, Little Bo has been dealing with quite the cold. He's been congested for weeks, but Friday afternoon he developed a yucky cough. We visited the pediatrician on Saturday, where they confirmed he had an upper respiratory infection which (thankfully) had not progressed to his lungs. Bowman weighed in at 11 lbs, 10 oz (!!) so my "nursing" woes were put to rest...he was certainly getting enough to eat from mommy! Unfortunately, his cough continued to get worse; I found myself in the ER at the Children's Hospital Monday night. Bowman had started coughing so hard that he was unable to keep most meals in his little tummy. He had also lost weight...down to 11 lbs, 5.5 oz. The physician assured me his lungs still were clear and, since there was no fever, we simply had to wait this one out and continue to treat his symptoms. He asked me to followup with Dr. Cabiness on Wednesday, so this morning we were at Palmetto Peds at 8 am. During the night, Bowman had spiked a fever and his oxygen saturation was only 89% in the office. To make matters worse, he was now down to 11 lbs, 2 oz. So, Dr. Cabiness sent us back to the Children's Hospital for observation...where we sit now! Bowman was tested for RSV, which came back positive...ick! He's getting fluids intravenously and is on a continuous pulse ox. Thankfully he's resting comfortably and the staff seems to think he'll be just fine. The nurses, residents, etc. have been wonderful...we just hope this is nothing more than an overnight stay. I'll keep you posted!!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm thinking about Bo and you - hopefully the fluids and overnight observation will be all he needs to feel better. I feel so bad for your sweet baby!!! I wish I was there to help.

Go AWAY RSV!!!