CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bowman's Christening

On Saturday, we celebrated Bowman's christening at St. Joseph's Catholic Church. I feel bad that he was 7 and 1/2 months when this special event finally happened, but I'm glad we were able to have the ceremony before the church closed for renovations. In fact, we were the last group to celebrate this sacrament in the main church. The christening was schedule after mass on Saturday evening, and I was a little worried that it would make for some very unhappy kiddos. But, the boys surprised me, as both were in good spirits throughout...I guess it helped that they both took excellent naps that afternoon!

I was very fortunate that my best friend Sarah not only served as one of Bowman's godmothers, but also had her son, William, baptized on the same day. I'm sure this day will mark the first of many special days these two cuties will share! On a side not, Sarah just cut off 10 inches of her hair to donate to Lock of Love...Go girl!! I think your hair looks FAB!!!!!


Bowman was so good during the ceremony; no tears were shed during the annointing of oil or when the traditional water was poured over his head. As s special treat, the priest had recently visited the Jordan River, so Bowman and William were both baptized with water from this holy place.

Craig's sister, Leslie, served as Bowman's godmother as well...we were so excited she was able to come home before she heads off to Africa for a few months!

Porter was rather restless during the event, so my dad was nice enough to take he and Maylee out to the garden to let off some steam. They soon discovered the fountain, and were quite taken with all the rocks! I swear, one day I WILL get a picture of both of them looking at the camera!!!!

Bowman with Mimi and Grandpa Bud

Bowman, Pop-Pop and Grammy

My sister came down for the weekend as well. It was a very busy weekend, and a lot of it was spent in the car, but I'm really glad she was able to join us. I'm already looking forward to our annual family beach trip in July...ONE MONTH AND COUNTING!!!!!

0 comments: