CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Are You Ready for Some Football???

Ahh yes...football season is right around the corner! Yes, I know; the NFL has already begun their preseason games, but I'm talking about college football. I love it! When I started at Carolina in 1995 (ack! that makes me feel so unbelievably old!) I really didn't care too much about the sport. But, after joining my sorority and attending the almost weekly tailgates, I started to understand the absolute dedication of SEC fans...there is truly nothing like it! For home games, people would drive their RVs in days before the game, fans would tailgate HOURS before the games, and garnet and black flags would be flying everywhere you looked. Being introduced to this phenomenom also provided me the opportunity to finally understand the game of football...don't get me wrong though. While I can see major penalties like delay of game, pass interference, etc., I'm still rather blind to most holding offenses...I leave those calls to my husband. My parents have become rather avid Gamecock fans as well; in fact, for the last few years, we've gone in with them on scholarship seats and finally found ourselves in the shady seats last year -- woo hoo!!! We've already introduced our sons to the Garnet and Black as well; Porter can pick out a gamecock immediately and loves nothing more than seeing Cocky in person! So, with the first game exactly one week away, I'm starting to get geared up. Sadly, that game will be away; I'll actually have to wait a few more weeks to hear "2001." But, I'll be excited (and optimistic) nonetheless. Perhaps this year will be the year our boys finally go all the way??? Probably not, but it won't affect Carolina's fans from showing up week after week to cheer these young men on...GO COCKS!!!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We are excited too. James already has his outfit!

And yes, more people are saying James looks like me and Jimmy. I think he still looks like Betsy and Jimmy, but he also has some of my family!