CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

New York, New York!!

A few weeks ago, I headed to New York City with some of my bestest friends in the whole wide world. We met 15 years ago (ugh! that makes me feel REALLY old) as pledge sisters at Carolina, and have been so close ever since. We have religiously done trips together for years, but decided to step things up a notch with a trip to The Big Apple since babies are more than likely done for all of us. So, for one long weekend, the 5 of us were without husbands or kids...a must for all you mommies out there!!! The City did not disappoint and, besides the crazy expensive nightly beverages, I would do it all again tomorrow...now we just have to plan the next trip. Sarah & Shannon, you're in charge of that one!!

The beautiful Statue of Liberty...from the Staten Island Ferry!


Sarah, Shannon, Andrea, Beth and me...friends forever!!!!

Ok...we're totally cool! But if you look closely between my head and Beth's you will see Jesse Williams (aka Dr. Avery on Grays!!!) It was our one celeb sighting!!


Sarah and I in Central Park...it's like a whole different world in there. If I lived in NYC, I would probably frequent it rather often. Kinda wish we had a place like that around here!!

Oh, and in case you missed us, here we are on The Today Show!! HILARIOUS!! I was actually a little bummed that Lester Holt wasn't there that morning, but the weather man came over and talked to us for awhile. Guess that's my 5 minutes of fame, right??

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh I'm so jealous! And I think it's so wonderful that you and your best friends get away together! Looks like y'all had an amazing time. I love that you had a celebrity sighting!

I've never been to NYC - I definitely have to go soon - especially since we live so close and can take the train!

I know you'll have a blast in Nashville - it's such a neat city too. Happy travels!

Unknown said...

I had so much fun! I cannot wait until our next trip. I am working on my post today!!!