CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Nurses's Day


I love my job...But, don't get me wrong, there are days that I wonder why I do what I do. Hospital administrators make it harder and harder to take care of patients; the paperwork is endless and seems to always change. I realize they are trying to cover all their bases but, with so much red tape, I often worry that those in charge are forgetting what it truly means to be a nurse. Gone are the days of being able to sit by your patient's side, comforting he/she and their family, and doing everything you can to make their stay at the hospital manageable. With patient loads becoming heavier and patients becoming sicker before they even come to the hospital, many days we, as nurses, can barely keep our heads above water. But, we all decided to take on this profession for the same reasons: we want to be patient advocates and do everything in our power to do so! The nursing shortage continues, and the economy has forced many hospitals to enforce hiring freezes. I want to thank all nurses out there for everything you do...12-hour shifts can be hard on the body, both mentally and physically. And to my co-workers, thank you for being an amazing group of women (and man to the best nurse manager ever!!)...you make my days at work and away from my children bearable. We have laughed, cried, and been there for each other in numerous ways. I wouldn't be at Lexington Medical Center if it wasn't for you...HAPPY NURSES'S DAY!!!!!!!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

There is no more appropriate time than this week to say thank you and to admire the dedication and hard work you put into your job. The wonderful nursing stories humble and make us fully appreciate everything that you all do.