CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Visit With An Old Friend

Today was a special treat!! One of my oldest friends from high school was home from Canada and was able to come up to Columbia. Kelly was the first person I met in Beaufort and we became fast friends. Unfortunately, we lost touch in college, but ended up rekindling our friendship before either of us were married. I'm so thankful we've been able to share so many exciting memories, most recently the birth of our children. Kelly is the mommy to 1-year-old Gracie and, having not seen her since she was only a few months old, I was glad to finally get to see her again. Having said that, the last time Kelly and I saw one another was when I was pregnant with Bowman...oh things have changed! We decided to meet at the Zoo; it's such a great place to take the kids for a fun and relaxing afternoon. Porter found a new friend at the zoo...one of the Koala bears was actually out of his tree and walked up to the wall to "say hello!"


Kelly was nice enough to take Porter on the carousel with she and Gracie, and I think she quickly discovered 2 is a lot different from 1! Porter loves the carousel, and would probably spend most of the afternoon there. Unfortunately, Gracie was not a fan...but, they stayed on the ride nonetheless. Way to be a trooper Gracie!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bowman was there too...

One of Kelly's friends was in town from DC, so Sally and her daughter Quinn joined us as well. We attempted a nice picture, but it turned into Porter attempting to ride the carousel a THIRD time. Aren't you ready for #2 Kelly!?!?!
I was so glad Kelly and Gracie were able to come up to Columbia, even if it was only for a few hours. Hopefully we'll get together again soon...I'm still trying to convince my husband that we need to take a trip to Canada!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It was so great seeing you and the boys. While I don't think I'm quite ready for baby #2 yet, I'm very impressed with what a great mother you are...you'll have to share your secrets because they are both adorable and such good boys!

Thanks again for treating us to the zoo with your guest passes - that was so sweet and we had such a great time! We're already looking forward to the next time we can get together! We'd love to have you visit us in Canada anytime!

xoxo,
Kelly & Gracie

Alyson said...

I would have loved to catch up with you all!!! Looks like a fun day!