CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

G. G-O. Come on Cocks, Let's GO!!!!

Saturday, we took Porter to the Carolina's first home game of the season -- Florida-Atlantic. Porter had a great time last year, and we figured this year would be no different. My mom was nice enough to babysit Bowman, so we (along with my dad) headed off to our tailgating spot after Porter got up from his nap -- and had a bath! Craig and his fraternity brothers have been tailgating in the same spots since they graduated, and it's nice to see the group continues to grow -- as we all continue to add children to the mix. Porter was very excited about seeing the Gamecocks and Cocky...in fact, it was all he would talk about for days!



Thankfully, the weather was pretty close to perfect, and Porter was perfectly content for the 3 1/2 hours leading up to the game. We grilled out, had lots of yummy sides, and everyone was excited to finally hear "2001."



Our friends Cory and Ashley Rogers brought their little girl Caroline for her 1st game. She's about to be 2, so it was perfect timing for introducing her to the sights and sounds of the mighty Gamecocks. Isn't she a cutie???







I kept hinting to Cory that he may be hanging out with his future son-in-law...Don't these 2 blondies make such a cute couple?? And holidays with the Rogers?? Superb!!!






Porter was ALL smiles when it was time to walk to the stadium...and, of course, he convinced his Daddy and Grampa Bud that he needed to "ride on their heads" all the way to the stadium and up to our seats. Good thing that task does not fall under Mommy's things to do!!!






My Little Gamecock!!!!





I absolutely love our team's entrance...is it wrong for me to say it's the best in the SEC?? "2001" always gives me chills, and I love seeing Cocky appear inside his black box. I could watch these moments over and over again!!













It was a fun night, and Porter made it through half-time. He was a little scared of the fireworks, but loved the band and, most of all, he loved seeing Cocky! But, he did remark he liked watching the game better on TV...it was just "too loud!" Well, maybe he'll enjoy it more next year!!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I like this plan. I am okay with arranged marriages! I haven't downloaded my pictures yet but I'll send you some shortly.