CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

I See Porter's Underpants!!!!

At T-minus 2 weeks 'til my oldest turns 3...unbelievably hard to believe...I have to take a moment to brag on Porter. Potty-training has had its ups and downs; there were days when I thought I would certainly have the only kindergartener in diapers! Now, Porter's been in underwear for quite some time, and going "pee-pee" in the potty was not an issue. But, we struggled with the other; some days he would refuse to go in the potty and would cry for a Pull-Up until finally Craig or myself would give in. Well, about 2 weeks ago, Craig and Porter came home from work/school...Daddy announced all the Pull-Ups were being thrown away...and miraculously IT WORKED. From that day on, not only has Porter gone to the potty for EVERY bathroom moment, but he's been wearing underwear all day AND all night. Yep, he's sleeping through the night without a Pull-Up. He's been completely dry during the day, and has only wet the bed 3 times...woo-hoo! Obviously, we won't be going back to the Pull-Up, and I certainly expect more accidents in the future, but I couldn't be happier for him. Some days I can hardly believe what a big boy he has become...is it weird that, in a way, it makes me a little sad???

3 comments:

Kelly said...

YAY for Porter!!!! I will definitely need potty training advice in a year or so.

I cannot believe Porter is going to be 3. I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I was mailing your baby shower gift! And before we know it he'll be going off to school. Awah! I wish I lived closer but at least I have your blog to watch both your beautiful boys grows.

Kelly said...

Woohoo!!! I love your new Blog Banner!!!

Unknown said...

Go Porter and Mama!! yep, that is what worked for us too. no pullups= we were day and night trained. I also think that waiting a little while helps as well.