CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Soup.

I am the first to admit I am not a HUGE soup fan. I would much rather have pretty much anything else for dinner. But, there IS something to be said for having a steaming bowl of hearty goodness when the weather is as cold as it has been...for South Carolina. They are predicting snow again this weekend...WTF??

Well, when e-mealz sent me a soup recipe, I was all for it...maybe it would be something that would not only fill us up, but warm us up too. I was pleasantly surprised; it was super easy and I definitely added it to my "will make again" list. Here's the recipe for you:

Spicy Black Bean Soup
Ingredients:
1 medium onion, chopped
2 - 15 oz. cans black beans, undrained
14 oz. can chicken broth
14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
14 oz can yellow corn, drained
1 1/2 T minced garlic
1/4 t red pepper
1 t cumin

Saute onions and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Place one can of black beans in a blender. Add onion mixture, red pepper, & cumin and blend on high for 30 seconds. Return to stockpot and add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.

That's it!! Enjoy!!!

0 comments: