CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Miss Running...

...Yes, I said it! For the 1st time in MANY years, I am actually longing for those years post-college when I was an avid runner. I ran a few 5Ks a year, and even conquered a 1/2 marathon with my friend Sarah. And, since that day, I've rarely put my running shoes back on. But, I think it's time to tie up my laces and get going. I miss slipping on my headphones, finding my groove, and wondering where 30 minutes had gone. I miss how strong I felt, and how I never felt guilty eating that extra piece of cake or indulging in a Starbucks Frappucino. I miss how my clothes fit!!! My sister and husband have been following one of those "couch to 5k" programs, and I'm happy to announce they both have basically kept to the program. So now it's my turn. I'm announcing this on my blog in hopes that it will keep me motivated and will convince me to avoid the snooze button when my alarm goes off ridiculously early. So, here goes...I'm starting this weekend....yikes!